Migrating from WooCommerce to Zoho Commerce
This guide will help you migrate your WooCommerce store to Zoho Commerce. To make migration as quick and easy as possible, we recommend that you set up a Zoho Commerce store if you don't already have one.
Data will be migrated from WooCommerce in three simple steps:
Step 1: Export Products from WooCommerce
WooCommerce has a built-in Product CSV Importer and Exporter.
1. Log in to your WooCommerce Store.
2. Go to Products.
3. Select Export.
4. The Export Product pop-up will open.
5. Choose Export all columns, Export all products, and Export all categories and check the Export all custom meta checkbox to migrate all products.
6. Choose fields from the dropdown if you don't need to export all fields.
7. Click Generate CSV. Wait for the export to finish.
STEP 2: Import Products into Zoho Commerce
You are now ready to import products into your existing Zoho Commerce store. If you haven't created your new store with us yet, please do so by clicking on Create your Store now.
1. Sign in to your Zoho Commerce store.
2. Select Products from the left panel.
3. Select Import Products from the top-right corner.
4. Choose the file to be uploaded. This is the CSV file you exported from WooCommerce in step 1.
5. You will need to map the columns in the CSV file to the product detail fields on your Zoho Commerce panel. The columns from the file will appear in the dropdown, and you can associate each one with the corresponding field in Zoho Commerce.
Note: Mandatory columns, such as Product Name and Price, must be associated with a column on the CSV file. You may add dummy fields if you wish to make the changes manually.
6. Click Next.
Note: The Preview Import Data page will display the number of products imported and the number of products skipped. Products are skipped if the CSV file has missing information in the Name or Price field. The SEO Description field has a maximum character limit of 255, and products will be skipped if this is exceeded. If products have been skipped, you must open the CSV file and manually correct it.
7. Click Import to complete the process. You will now be able to see the imported products in the Products section of the Zoho Commerce portal.
STEP 3: Migrating Product Images
Now your store is almost ready, but there is one final step to complete: the images need to be added to your store!
1. Our helpful support team will upload the images to your store as a quick and easy backend process. Choose either of the methods below to prepare the images for upload:
- Send us the csv file which you exported from WooCommerce.
- Create a zip folder with the images properly assembled in the following file path: SKU/imagefile
2. Add us as an Admin for your store:
- Go to Settings and select Users under Store Settings.
- Click Add User in the top-right corner.
Add one of the email addresses below on the Invite User page based on your Data Center (DC). Your DC depends on the country where your account was created. If you are not sure which DC you are using, check the top level domain (TLD) of your store's website (e.g.: for www.abcd.com, .com is your TLD).
.com - US DC - email@example.com
.in - IN DC - firstname.lastname@example.org
.eu - EU DC - email@example.com
.au - AU DC - firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any clarification please check with our support team.
- Select Admin as the Role.
- Click Share.
3. Send us an email at email@example.com. We will verify your data and upload the images to your store. If there is anything we need to contact you for, we will reach out to you using the contact details you submitted when setting up your store.